• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Covers not resizing for thumbnail view

Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How/when/where does the thumbnail png file for ADE get created? I have some epubs ebooks that are not displaying correctly. Instead of the cover being resized for the thumbnail, it is being cropped. On other books, however, it works fine. I can't see the difference in the actual html of the ebook. I did verify that it is the actual png file in the ADE thumbnails folder that is incorrect.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE uses the first page of the document as the thumbnail, and renders it as the thumbnail size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I knew that. But it was not rendering the thumbnail correctly. It was cropping the image instead of resizing it. I did some other research and figured out how to fix the problem on my own. It required a code change in the html of the epub file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I just realized my reply might have sounded a little snippy! I'm sorry. DIdn't mean it that way - just got in a hurry. Thank you for trying to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem with it sounding snippy.  The key bit for you situation is was that it was rendering it at the thumbnail size (90x130, iirc), and as you found out it if your HTML was making some bad assumptions (usually in the size attributes for the image element) that it would be rendering in a larger viewport, that would be causing the cropping.

What I didn't know is if it was your authored content or not, because if it wasn't then the easier fix is to just replace the thumbnail image in the  DE Thumbnails Directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines