3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 2:53 AM by π-XL-HH

Rotate video in Lightroom?

DocBridges

I have taken a video with my camera in a vertical or portrait direction.  When I import it into Lightroom it appears horizontal or landscape.  How can I rotate the video images.

• 1. Re: Rotate video in Lightroom?
          R Owens Level 3

Doc,

You can't. Video is only in landscape mode. Have you ever seen a portrait TV or movie screen?

I did the same thing and came to this realization once imported. I have to turn my head sideways to watch my grandson play baseball.

Rich

• 2. Re: Rotate video in Lightroom?
            DocBridges Level 1

Thank you,

Ken

• 3. Re: Rotate video in Lightroom?
              π-XL-HH

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Owens  wrote

Doc,

You can't. Video is only in landscape mode. Have you ever seen a portrait TV or movie screen?

I did the same thing and came to this realization once imported. I have to turn my head sideways to watch my grandson play baseball.

Rich

Rich,

There might not be many TVs in portrait, but some computer screens are, and most mobile screens are as well.

The least Lightroom could do is read the "rotate" flag and turn the video upside down, so I don't have to do handstands while watching some movies recorded with smartphones with a rotation of 180°.

Lightroom seems to not care about videos at all, so not really a (more professional) Picasa replacement.

Axel