7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2012 4:56 PM by ronfab

My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"

ronfab

Hi again

Please bear with me as I am new to Premiere Pro and learning by reading tutorial books, watching the videos on line, asking questions here and working with a tutor.  So likely I will be asking for awhile. 

I was in the process of and did correct a clip after trying a few things with it, and then wanted to go to the clip next to it and try to work with it.  But I must have inadvertantly done something because now it won't bring up the effects window with the color wheels to let me work on any other clip.  I keep getting the message above in my title question.  It was suggested in another thread had I try double clicking on another clip to possibly free it up.  I tried that with totally different clip and neither that one nor any other in the vicinity will let me work with that corrector.  Same message.   Any ideas of what I can do to get past this problem as I really need to work on this time line with a deadline coming up. 

Thanks very much

Ron

• 2. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are your clips grouped?  If so, right click on one of them and ungroup.

• 3. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
            ronfab Level 1

What does grouped mean?  They are one clip after the other in a complete sequence on the timeline.  I tried right click on one of the original ones where I first got the message and I don't see any option that sounds like that.  What does ungrouping mean?  Are we talking about pulling the time line apart there?  Then what?  Sorry a lot of this terminology is new to me. 

• 4. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
              ronfab Level 1

Jim, with my question or the problem I'm describing?  I don't know how else to say it other than what I said above?  That's what's going on.  Or you can ask me what is not clear to you, please I appreciate the help....thanks.

1 person found this helpful
              • 5. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
                Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Ron,

Let me try to explain why we are confused and perhaps it will lead to you discovering the problem.

If I drag and drop the Fast Color Corrector (henceforth called "the effect") on to a clip in the timeline, I can then click on that clip and then the Effect Controls Panel and I see the color wheel.  If I have more than one clip selected, or even the entire track - or all tracks, then I can't see the color wheel.

Grouping allows you to lock clips together for the purpose of moving them arround easier, but NOT for the purpose of adding effects to the entire group. There are ways to do that, but not using groups. If you select two clips you should be able to right click and see Group as a menu option. Or, if you try to select one and it selects two or more, you should be able to find "ungroup".

So, I know how you might be able to see the color wheel, or not see the color wheel. But I don't know how to see the wheel in any situation where you are not allowed to use it. My software seems to only let me see it when I can use it.

I haven't kept track of what the latest bug fixes have been, but what version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Perhaps if you recorded yourself creating a new project, importing three clips, putting them on the timeline, dropping the effect on all three clips, one at a time, and then selecting one clip. If it works, great. You might just have a corrupt project file.  If not, then you can upload the screen capture to YouTube and attached the URL to your next post.

I use CamStudio-Recorder since it works and it is free.

By the way, you might want to try creating a new project and importing the old project into the new. Your bins will all be there as will your sequences. However, the corrupt part of your project may well be overwritten. It only tales a couple of minutes and is well worth trying.

1 person found this helpful
                • 6. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

you can ask me what is not clear to you

"it won't bring up the effects window with the color wheels"

What's "it"?  Also, nothing really "brings up the effects window", you just click on that tab to see the effects on a clip.  So, I'm just not understanding what the problem is.

"I keep getting the message above in my title question."

Where exactly do you see that message?  What specific action causes it to pop up?

• 7. Re: My Fast Color Corrector is locked up with the message, "multiple clips selected"
                    ronfab Level 1

Steven and everyone I think what I did was move onto another frame and still saw the wheel there so I started to try to work on it, forgetting to deselect the first one and re-drop the the corrector on the new one.  Then probably dropped it as it wasn't responding in the effects window, and that gave me the multiple frames selected.  It's working now and I really appreciate the responses.  I always do the same for others when I can, but it will be awhile before that happens here though for obvious reasons.....