• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install only 32bit version of AX Flash Player for IE8 and Windows 7 64bit

Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For several reasons I would like to install only the 32bit version of Flash Player AX for IE 8 and Windows 7 64bit.

It was possible to do it when the installers where separated but I see no information how to do that now.

It is very convenient for me to have my 64 bit IE 8 browser without Flash that I use to browse and not get annoyed by the flash on the web and use the 32bit IE 8 on youtube, vimeo, etc when flash is necessary.

I hope the option to choose which version to install will get back if it is not possible now.

Please let me know if such kind of request should be made somewhere else as new feature or whatever.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible with the current version; it will automatically install both 32-bit and 64-bit players on a 64-bit system.

The only way I know is to go back to the version that had two different installers.

Or, if you disable the Shockwave Flash add-on on the 64-bit browser, will it also disable the 32-bit add-on?  Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was the first thing I tried. It either works on both or disables on both versions. Something is messed with the settings as well, or has been made that way on purpose. Also the next thing I tried was to uninstall only the part residing in System 32 (leaving the one in SysWOW64) but the result was both not working after the uninstall. It remained in Programs but wasn't working anymore in both versions of IE 8. So I just put back the latest 32bit version which is not security wise..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines