Hanging/ Crashing? They're 2 different keywords. Hanging is when it stops responding. Crashing is auto-closing.
When you say it hangs for 10 secs, does it start DW after that? Or does it not?
With your scenario, it seems like something is malfunctioning with your predefined server behaviours that are installed to DW.
Thanks for that, they are indeed two diferent things, however I have only mentioned one of them. It does indeed look like something is malfunctioning. Thats kind of why i posted this.
We need more details to help analyze what may be wrong.
Was there a specific incident after which this started happening?
Have you tried a re-install?
Nothing major has changed for the user to mark this starting to happen, I tried reinstalling last night, made no diferrence. It does eventually load but is an annoyance.
That is weird. Maybe one of the server behavior preset files is corrupt. Re-install should ideally fix it, but you did mention it didn't.
But again since it does load after the 10 second wait, I don't think we can replicate the issue here reliably. We cannot even grab a crash report as such to see what is malfunctioning.
Let us wait and see if others here have a suggestion to make.
I have been having this issue on and off for 6+ months. Initially it was with Dreamweaver CS3. I recently upgraded to CS6. I now have the issue again. I usually can fix it by uninstalling then installing again (not a direct reinstall or repair)
What happens is dreamweaver works fine for 1-2 weeks. Then randomly when I try to open it, it freezes wih the little green Dreamweaver box that opens when dreamweaver loads. The progress bar is about 20-25% across and it says "Initializing server behaviors..."
HELP! I am completely sick of reinstalling this software and wasting 30-60 minutes bi-weekly.
look, if dreamweaver ta having problems, it is best to uninstall and install again before you to arrange more problems because problems to give this program is quite easy. but it is best to make sites, so no doubt if it will choose another. I made my site [link removed] todinho him, and am very grateful.!
We didnt really get around this but we did manage to trace it to one piece of reccuring code in the header of a document template we regularly use that contains some URL's. Apparently the "behaviours" see all links as possible segments embedded and try to load them. Blank docs open up fine, as do docs withouth the noted peiece of code. In the end have had to resolve to add this line of code last to save time.