1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 11:07 AM by Peter Spier

Data Merge Problem

june.rambo

I am trying to creat some bid sheets for our silent auction that is happening in a few weeks, but whenever I do a data merge, the first five look great but the rest don't. I have three text boxes with info in them but after the fifth one, only one of the text boxes works. It separates the info onto their own separate bid sheets. I have resaved my excel document and changed the cells around but I am at a loss here.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem or can help me witha  little insight so I can quickly make a new bid sheet?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Data Merge Problem
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You need to give us some more information, beginning with the version of ID and the OS, and whether this is a single record per page or multiple record per page merge.

Also, are you using the preview to see what the merge will look like when completed? There is a bug in Data Merge's preview for multiple records per page that appeared in, I think, CS5 that essentially makes it impossible to do a merge after you press the preview button, but the merge will be just fine if you skip that preview step.

Presumably the records in the data file all have the same number of fields?

It owuld also help if you post a screen shot of the merge template document showing the placeholders.