5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2012 9:07 AM by jchunick

How to fix font

Arrakis Level 1

I am trying to learn director and I have encountered this issue - my text is cut off at edges by the box. CAnt figure out why. I tried different font sizes and different fonts.  It didnt happen until I changed the size.  Also  for some reason comm z is not always undoing even though I have 25 steps set??

Please see attached image.

Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 7.21.15 PM.png

• 1. Re: How to fix font
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Perhaps the text member's boxType is set to fixed? With the cast member selected go to the Text tab of the Property Inspector and make sure 'Framing' isn't set to Fixed

• 2. Re: How to fix font
            Arrakis Level 1

framing is set to adjust to fit so what next?    I am using the trial version  and I have also noticed I only can undo 1 level even though prefs says 25??

• 3. Re: How to fix font
              James Newton, ACP Level 3

Your image shows text in the Paint window. Is this what you intend? If you select the menu item Window > Text and then type your text, does the text appear as you expect?

When you look at the text in the Text window, no cropping or framing should occur... but that's not the way your end users will see it. When you drag the text member to the Stage, then the values set for the Text member in the Property Inspector will take effect.

• 4. Re: How to fix font
                Arrakis Level 1

I am following a tutorial in which they put the text in the paint window.   When I put it in the window>text window as you said it stll is cut off as in the imageScreen Shot 2012-10-30 at 10.43.07 PM.png

• 5. Re: How to fix font
                  jchunick Level 2

The font my have some line height issues with it.

Question: if you try a common font like Arial, or Times, does it happen to those fonts?

You may have to manually set the line height on the font in the text inspector.