24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 12:28 PM by Headsnipper

Print cause CS6 to hang

Headsnipper

Win7 CS6, Epson R1900 & BX635FWD. Did loads of printing last week and all was okay. This week CS6 hangs as soon as I hit the print item in the file menu. Nothing has been updated (did a system restore anyway - this had no affect). Started CS6 with a reset - to no avail. Other apps (word/excel) print fine. Any ideas anyone - I urgently need to get some prints out

• 1. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
          sudarshan.t Level 6

Did you check for any updated drivers for your printer? Have you updated to 13.0.1 of CS6 Photoshop? Click Help > System Info and post that data here for us to review.

Also, when PS crashes, if you get a crash report, please post that data here as well.

• 2. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
            Headsnipper Level 1

Yes, I updated to 13.0.1.1 but after the problem had occured to see if it fixed it.

My printer drivers were up to date last week and working.

Sys Info:-

dobe Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:5 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2926 MHz

Built-in memory: 8183 MB

Free memory: 4568 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 7200 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 4

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Video Card Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Display: 2

Sorry I don't get a crash report, Windows just auto shuts it down

• 3. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
              sudarshan.t Level 6

Photoshop Version: 13.0 (13.0 20120315.r.428 2012/03/15:21:00:00) x64

Seems like you're using a very old build - also not 13.0.1 for sure. This one looks like a prerelease.

Have you licensed Photoshop? If you have, can you use the installation disc/ electronic download to re-install again? Then update to 13.0.1?

For crash report, check Windows Event Viewer - you'll have a preliminary crash report there.

• 4. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                Headsnipper Level 1

I'm confused, this is definitely a genuine CS6 and was updated only 2 hours ago. When I run Help/Update it reports 'Your applications are all up-to-date as checked: less than a minute ago'.

• 5. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                  Headsnipper Level 1

Is this the right event info:-

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 13.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c045

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c40f2

Faulting process id: 0xba0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb6a57d4392dc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 4b282298-2299-11e2-a19f-6c626d9614ba

• 6. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                    Headsnipper Level 1

and also:-

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Photoshop.exe

P2: 13.0.0.0

P3: 4f61c045

P4: StackHash_ddb0

P5: 6.1.7601.17725

P6: 4ec4aa8e

P7: c0000374

P8: 00000000000c40f2

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFA27.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Photoshop.exe_f08e3e7f471aea73 ac841bd29f2b198f6620cf_171922bc

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 7fc38144-2295-11e2-a19f-6c626d9614ba

Report Status: 1

• 7. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                      sudarshan.t Level 6

ntdll.dll is the faulting process - it is a Windows NT kernel service file.

You can try clearing preferences for PS - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

But I doubt that will help. Like I mentioned earlier, you should update to 13.0.1. You're running 13.0.

If you're running a prerelease/ beta, keep in mind updates wont get pushed for the actual 13.0 release version onto a beta release.

If you're sure it is a genuine version, use your installer disk to re-install - Installer Disc will always be a full release version. Or, download the CS6 installer from Adobe's website under your account login.

• 8. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                        Headsnipper Level 1

Still VERY confused as CS6 reports it is up to date. It did update this morning downloading over 200MB so why would it report to being an older version? I never had a beta version I upgraded from CS5. Holagram is on the side of the box, serial No. the lot.

• 9. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                          sudarshan.t Level 6

That is very weird. Your system report shows you're on 13.0 and I did highlight the date of version build to you in my previous reply - March 2012 at which time CS6 was not out in retail.

Can you try uninstalling Photoshop completely using CS Clearner tool - http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Then, install afresh with your installation disc from the box.

The CS Cleaner tool will also remove all trails of Beta/ prerelease installations so you can be sure.

Also, just out of curiousity where did you buy this box from?

• 10. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                            Headsnipper Level 1

Is this indicating I have corruption somewhere as this is up to date (according to help/update) but then seems to report not to be from the version numbers in the sys/info. I would have thought the version numbers in the sysatem info are what the prog uses to check if it is up to date across the net!

• 11. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                              sudarshan.t Level 6

But in that case, after the update happens, System Info should show the updated version number, and most definitely the updated build release date, not March 2012.

• 12. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                Headsnipper Level 1

It was from Amazon - purchased 9th Aug 2012

• 13. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                  Headsnipper Level 1

Have a got some files being mixed with the older version of CS5 that I have on my system

• 14. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                    Headsnipper Level 1

Is it pos to have the serial number checked, it did register when I installed it.

• 15. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                      sudarshan.t Level 6

From Amazon - did you buy from Amazon Direct or from another seller on Amazon? Amazon is a trusted seller for Adobe, but most 'private sellers' are not.

Anyway, if you do not need CS5 for now, uninstall it. Use the Creative Suite Cleaner tool I linked you to in my previous reply to clear all previous traces. If you need, at a later time, you can always re-install CS5 from your installation disc.

The only real way to see if it installs the proper version and updates to current build 13.0.1 is to do a clean install of Photoshop CS6.

• 16. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                        Headsnipper Level 1

Yes it was from Amazon Direct, I've just checked the invoice. I no longer need the CS5 so I'll clean that off first. I'm just very worried about clearing CS6 and re-installing as I cannot afford another copy if there is something wrong with the copy I bought, nor can I afford to be without it. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how I get on.

• 17. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                          sudarshan.t Level 6

Use CS Cleaner to clean ALL traces of CS5 and CS6 first. Then proceed with a fresh install of CS6 from the disc. Use the serial key provided to you, Activate the installation. Once installed, Help > Updates - Download and install all available updates. This should move PS to 13.0.1 for sure (if your copy is genuine).

Plus, if your copy was purchased from Amazon direct, no need to worry - it will be genuine. Or else, one of us here can guide you to steps on getting a complete refund from Amazon.

Do post back and let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

1 person found this helpful
                                          • 18. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                            Headsnipper Level 1

Thanks for all your help, I'm sure the re-install is the correct solution, but with the amount of work I have ready to go to publishers next week I dare not be without a copy of photoshop so I cannot do the re-installtion until it has gone. I'm contacting Adobe direct to get the serial numbers etc checked, once they are verified I'll take your prescribed cousre of action. Thanks again for your help

Mark

• 19. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                              sudarshan.t Level 6

Okay. Do post back with your progress please.

Good luck,

ST

• 20. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                                Headsnipper Level 1

Adobe okayed my serial number and I did a re-install. Same version numbers came up! However the update went better this time and updated it to 13.0.1. However printer crash still existed. To cut a long story short it seems that the latest drivers for the Epson BX635FW printer (my general office printer) are lethal to CS6.

Thanks for all your help

Mark

• 21. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                                  sudarshan.t Level 6

The update was successful at least!

For the driver, why dont you contact Epson asking them for an updated version?

• 22. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                                    Headsnipper Level 1

Cannot find a way to talk to a human at Epson, so sod them. Latest version from Epson (just been released) causes the crash, the version MS still have on there Win7 database is older and works fine, so I've installed that and turned of updates - it's only my general office printer.

• 23. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                                      GutoBongos

Hello - I have the exact same problem.

Yesterday - I tried teh cleaner tool to clean up just CS6; didn't work.

Then spent all afternoon uninstalling CS5, CS2 and then re-installing CS6 on its own.

Still hangs when going to print - can you help?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2

Physical processor count: 6

Processor speed: 2660 MHz

Built-in memory: 12286 MB

Free memory: 9315 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 10998 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Image tile size: 128K

Image cache levels: 4

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Video Card Renderer: ATI FirePro V8700 (FireGL)

Display: 1

Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 1200, right: 1920

• 24. Re: Print cause CS6 to hang
                                                        Headsnipper Level 1

My problem was entirely to do with an Epson print driver for the Epson Sylus BX635FWD. I had to go back to an old driver and the problem went away