4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 11:35 AM by jstrawn

Can't get Premiere to recognize keywords added to clips in Bridge.

Simple Bear

We are adding keywords to .mov and mpeg files in Bridge and preparring for an edit in Premier. However, when I browse in Premier I can't see keywords or metadata that we previously added in Bridge. I can browse in Bridge through Premier and can see keywords, but when I import the clips, the keywords do not import with the clips.

• 1. Re: Can't get Premiere to recognize keywords added to clips in Bridge.
          jstrawn Adobe Employee

'Keywords' isn't an XMP Metadata property inside of PrPro CS6, but I tried adding some keyowrds to a clip in bridge and then importing it into Premiere and the correct values did show up in Metadata>DublinCore>Subject

Is that an acceptable workaround for you? Where are you looking for them to show up in PrPro?

• 2. Re: Can't get Premiere to recognize keywords added to clips in Bridge.
            Simple Bear Level 1

Yes, I am looking for them to show up in PrPro,

Interesting you are able to open up Metadata>DublinCore>Subject, when we do this we can only get to DublinCore, there is no Subject. We are using mpeg4 and .movs, over 40 hours of footage, so we are committed to finding a work around. Your quick response is much appreciated. What does "append metadata" and "replace metadata" have to do in Bridge? Would that have any effect on our keywords? What is the proper workflow in Bridge? One thing as old film makers (not photo guys) migrating to Bridge, Prelude and Premier Pro, is a lack of a work flow regarding Bridge as a video tool. The CS6 package is unbelievably powerful, and quite frankly, I am not sure that in our case, it isn't pilot error. Could you please send your workflow on how you went into Bridge and added keywords, then went into Premier and found keywords. Seems simple, why it is not working for us is puzzling (forty hours of adding keywords, keywords that show up in Bridge when browsing through Premier, but won't import). Your wisdom is appreciated.

• 3. Re: Can't get Premiere to recognize keywords added to clips in Bridge.
              al_bergstein Level 1

Metadata management is also of interest to me. Did you see this article? Seems like you should be able to do what youwnt. Might want to contact this guy.

http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/managing-broadcast-assets-with-adobe-bridge

• 4. Re: Can't get Premiere to recognize keywords added to clips in Bridge.
                jstrawn Adobe Employee

Honestly, my usage of Bridge is pretty limited, so I can't really answer your Bridge-related quaestions with accuracy.

PrPro has it's own robust set of metadata features. This won't help you with the conundrum you're currently in, but if you add the metadata directly in prPro ti will saty 100% intact and should play pretty nicely with Photoshop and After Effects as well. Also Prelude will give you a lot of metadata and logging options that will tanrsliterate directly int PrPro.

I'm not trying to cast aspersions ond Bridge, but like you said, it is sort of lacking as a video tool. It seems to work better between apps like PS, AI and InD. But, if any Bridge users on here want to correct my ignorance, I'll welcome that.