2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 9:43 AM by preshatt

How to I PUSH my new animation to my existing site?

preshatt

My assumption is that I need to include a set of Adobe Edge files containing various java files and my images etc. along with the html page that Edge creates in the folder I have used. Can I get a list of the specific files I need to transfer to my hosted web site/ root.  I routinely update my site but when I added the Edge html page ...  nothing worked  ... so I assume I need to add some files to my site directory!  :-)

• 1. Re: How to I PUSH my new animation to my existing site?
          TimJaramillo Level 4

Hi Preshatt,

You need to include these files/directories:

edge_includes (directory)

images(directory)

yourFile_edge.js

yourFile_edgeActions.js

yourFile_edgePreload.js

yourFile.html (if you are embedding your Edge animation in a pre-existing page, you can copy the code between <!--Adobe Edge Runtime-->, and the Stage div from this file to your pre-existing page.

• 2. Re: How to I PUSH my new animation to my existing site?
            preshatt Level 1

Thank you for this prompt and useful response. I got the task done by;   1.) Creating a New Folder to contain my published page  2.) Edge Animate -> File -> Publish settings… to set the desire web settings including pointing to the new publish folder 3.) Edge Animate -> File -> Publish 4) making HTML adjustments to a test link on my site 5) Pushing all the folders in the publish folder to my site.      It work fine in IE 7 and Chrome but the big test will come when a friend tries it using a Mac!   I’m hopeful   J Thanks again, Pres