8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 9:20 PM by Jim_Simon

Exporting Question PP cs6

pa777

Hi. Im trying to export a video of music and tiff files at the highest possible quality.

For some reason, the file size is estimated at 1500mb and then ends up being 12 mb.

The music before import is 98 mb alone.

The tiff files were around 36mb and were scaled to fit in adobe premiere pro cs6.

I am using f4v and the highest bit rate possible HD, and still have these small files.

Ive tried uncompressed avi as well but the image looks quite blurry and lossy.

Is there something that Im missing in terms of settings?

• 1. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
          MFCdesigns Level 1

Do you need to go to .f4v?  The highest quality F4V is still only a bitrate of around 3.8.  Flash video is always very compressed, so it doesn't surprise me that the file is so small.  Try exporting to H.264 or MPEG-2 and cranking the bitrate up to 10 - 20 Mbps.

• 2. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
            Jim_Simon Level 8

at the highest possible quality.

That would be Uncompressed, or something lossless.  Such files are relatively large.  What is the purpose of the export?

• 3. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
              pa777 Level 1

Hi and thanks for the reply

I'm using f4v as, so far that is yeilding the best results in terms of fidelity to the orginal tiff and sharpest detail and truest color.

I've run through all the containers and codecs that PP cs6 offers, and it seems odd that f4v that has quite a bit of compression is looking the best.

I tried H.264 and MPEG-2 and cranking the bitrate, but the result is a blurry image with color that is also unsatisfactory.

Logic dictates that H.264 and MPEG-2 would be better but for some reason theyre not which is what has me perplexed.

• 4. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
                pa777 Level 1

Hi Jim

Im trying to get an version that looks the best regardless of size. I can easily prepare smaller files with different formats and codeccs later on, I've run across those while trying to get the best result, to be specific, an image that has the same kind of resolution as the tiff.

Ive tried avi lossless, and avi with the lagerith lossless codec, which in theory should yeild a higher res result, but for some reason, once exported the image looks very blurry and the color low grade compared to the orginal tiff.

The tiffs are relatively large and so I had to scale to frame in PP cs6. I thought that might be the problem with the algorhythmn, but I also just downsized them in photoshop and then imported the new ones and that is even worse.

I figure there must be some sort of incompatibility between the tiff files and pp cs6 or else Im doing something wrong.

have also cranked the bit rate which hasnt helped musch either.

• 5. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5

This is a duplicate thread to the one located here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1090516?tstart=0

• 6. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

once exported the image looks very blurry and the color low grade compared to the orginal tiff.

If your exporting at a different resolution than the original, that could account for the relative 'blurriness'.  And if the original TIFF files are higher than 8 bit color, exporting out to 8 bit would also drop the quality on that somewhat.

Try an MXF OP1a export using the AVC-I 100 codec.  It's limited to 1920 x 1080, but I'm assuming you want the export to be a normal video, so if the original TIFFs are higher res, you may still see some quality loss, but that's unavoidable.  However, the color will be 10 bit, so that should look a bit better than other 8 bit options.

AVC-I is a Master Quality codec with a very respectable size compared to lossless options.

• 7. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
                      pa777 Level 1

Hi Jim

Thanks very much!

That was definitely helpful.

The color bit aspect was my next thought as I had gone through many of the other options. The color on the tiffs is 24 bit.

Exporting using MXF OP1a using the AVC-I 100 Codec, made a real difference to both the color and also the shaprness and detail of the image.

I can see why you got the MVP rating, thanks for your help.

Paul

• 8. Re: Exporting Question PP cs6
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

You're welcome.