With ordinary WebHelp the layout allows you to set the order of the buttons but that option is not in the Pro version.
You said you placed the Home button before the Contents button in the SKN file but did you change the ID numbers? I wonder if that forces the order. Backup first.
Please post whether or not that worked.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
I tried to change the ID numbers, but it didn't work...
I don't have RH Server, so this is a bit of a guess but I think one method will work.
Modify the toolbar order in whstart.js.
1. In whstart.js, go to line 184 (RH10), it has the text else if (nMsgId == WH_MSG_TOOLBARORDER).
2. Below the opening bracket add the following code:
oMsg.oParam = "CUSTOM|toc|glo|idx|fts|blackblock|searchform|banner";
3. Open whskin_tbars.htm and go to the bottom of the file to find a few calls starting with addButton.
4. Copyt the id of the button (customxxxx) and replace the text CUSTOM in whstart.js.
1. Open whskin_tbars.htm
2. Go to the bottom of the file and find a few calls starting with addButton.
3. Set the lines in the order you want the buttons to appear. (Don't forget the 'blankblock' button to push certain content to the right of the toolbar.
4. Remove the call to the function ReSortToolbarButtons() from the file whskin_tbars.js.
If WebHelp does still resort the buttons, try adding return false; as the first code in the function ReSortToolbarButtons() in the file whtbar.js
Hope this helps,
That does the trick,
However, these two files whstrat.ja and whskin_tbars are reset everytime I regenerate the help, right?
That's right François. Those files are overwritten when you generate. You may want to take a backup of them so you can just copy / paste them into your generated output.
Would it be possible to script this? I mean copy / paste these two files whstrat.ja and whskin_tbars into my generated output?
And if so, since I am not familiar with RH scripting, so where would be the best place to learn about RH sripting?