3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 11:19 AM by Michael Thornburgh

RTMFP with netstream dataReliabe

junp123

When using a netstream with dataReliabe = true, how reliable is it?   I have seen mention that it will resend but does it guarantee delivery and if not in what cirumstances would it fail?

• 1. Re: RTMFP with netstream dataReliabe
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

assuming you're talking about 1:1 (DIRECT_CONNECTIONS) NetStreams and not multicast NetStreams, dataReliable=true should mean full reliability (as reliable as TCP).  RTMFP will attempt retransmissions until the data gets through or the session is declared dead.  the maximum retransmission times (before a session is declared dead) appears to be 45 seconds for P2P connections and 2 minutes for connections to a server (such as FMS).

• 2. Re: RTMFP with netstream dataReliabe
            sonesh.dabhi Level 1

I am doing multicasting with FMS . I need to use metadata and when I do following it doesnt trigger anything . Is metadata not supported on multicasting ?

ns = new NetStream(netConnection);

ns.dataReliable = true;

ns.publish("mystream");

ns.send("onStreamData", myObject);

//At the subscriber side:

ns = new NetStream(netConnection);

ns.addEventListener(NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatus);

ns.addEventListener(NetDataEvent.MEDIA_TYPE_DATA, onStreamData);

ns.play("mystream");

public function onStreamData(event:NetDataEvent):void {

var netStream:NetStream = event.target as NetStream;

trace( "Data event from " + netStream.info.uri + " at " + event.timestamp );

}

• 3. Re: RTMFP with netstream dataReliabe
              Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

please see my reply in the other thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4893029). the code you have posted is 1) not a multicast and 2) the subscribing NetStream does not appear to have a client object with the onStreamData method.