2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 3:29 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Downloading

ladychambers

why am i being told that my device can not be authencated? i then am not allowed to download a book'

• 1. Re: Downloading
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Is your device on the listed of supported devices?  You can review the list at http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices.

• 2. Re: Downloading
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The original question was:

"why am i being told that my device can not be authencated? i then am not

allowed to download a book"

You've not given us the actual message text, so there are a couple of

possibilities here.  The answer Jeff Wright gave you assumes that ADE does

not see the device, but another interpretation of your question would be

that ADE is telling you that it sees the ereader, but it's not able to use

it because ADE cannot authenticate it.

The last part usually means that you bought the ereader, but you haven't

registered it with the manufacturer or distributor (SONY, B&N, KOBO, etc.)

If that's the case, then you can go to that website and do it.  The process

usually asks for you to supply an ID and password, and it makes things MUCH

easier down the road if you use your Adobe ID and password.

Hope this helps!

==============