4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 2:57 PM by 13kkant

Online form to Populated PDF

13kkant

I need an online form that will populate a PDF of the online for clients to be able to save to their computers and print as needed. can FormsCentral do this?

Kerry

• 1. Re: Online form to Populated PDF
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

A respondent cannot save a web form as a PDF form. You can however distribute a PDF to begin with... they can fill that out, save it and submit the data back to you.

Randy

• 2. Re: Online form to Populated PDF
            13kkant Level 1

Well then Randy maybe you might be able to suggest a solution for me.   I am a registrar at a public online K-8 school.  State law requires that we have a parent signed enrollment form in a student's cummulative records.  It would be very handy to have the parent access an online form from our website, have them complete and submit the form, which in turn sends all the repsonses in the fields to a spreadsheet, and creates a printable pdf that parents can sign and mail to our office. 

I know what  you are thinking but our state department of education has not entered the 21st century regarding electronic signatures from parents. 

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

K

• 3. Re: Online form to Populated PDF
              RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Go to the Dsitribute tab and save out a PDF form.

Post the PDF form on your website.

Parents can download it, fill it out, save and submit the data back to you.

Make sure you put on the form that the person should print the PDF, sign and return the form to you via mail.

Does that make sense?

Randy

• 4. Re: Online form to Populated PDF
                13kkant Level 1

Thank you.  I have tested this option and it seems to work well.  Thanks for your help.