2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 3:07 AM by rtan73

Is it possible to work on layered files from Photoshop(with layers intact)?

rtan73 Level 2

I started a image on Touch then worked on it in Photoshop. From Photoshop however it is not possible to save as .psdx and Ps Touch can not read .psd. Am I correct in assuming that there is no other way of working on a layered file from Photoshop? If so this kind of makes PS Touch useless.

• 1. Re: Is it possible to work on layered files from Photoshop(with layers intact)?
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

PS Touch can read PSDs (via Creative Cloud); it will, however, flatten them upon import. Odd, I know, but this is what we're dealt until Adobe improves it.

To be honest, I think of PS Touch as more of a springboard for ideas. (After all, I can't even use a few of my favorite Photoshop plug-ins in PS Touch. Not yet, at least...)

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to work on layered files from Photoshop(with layers intact)?
            rtan73 Level 2

I guess. The only reason I bought the Galaxy Note 10.1 was to work on intitial sketchs on the go, but I would still need to work back and forth( at least in some limited fashion) otherwise I may need to return my tablet and get a tablet pc with photoshop. It does have features that I can't find in other similar apps but some don't work the way there supposed too, such as the FX brush, and the color picker action with the s pen is too similar to the action used to do a screen capture. Plus its missing a lot of preference adujustments like pressure sensitivety. The creative cloud is a great idea, but forcing people to use it absurd.

It seems like it was rushed (maybe to coinside with the release of the Note, not sure if they were released at the same time). The only reason I wanted to use PS Touch is because of the claims that works seamlessly with Photoshop which it does not. Even the creative cloud I find pointless at least in its current version. I thought you would be able to open files from the cloud directly from within Photoshop. Instead it's basically no different that Dropbox where you still have to download the file. Most of the other similar apps can already upload to Dropbox and or similar sites. 

Unfortunetly I may have only a small window to return my tablet and I'm not sure about the direction of PS Touch, unless someone can definitively address these and other issues all of which are listed in this forum by others.