4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 9:26 AM by Felix CL

Can I create default sequence settings?

Dogminder Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to create a default setting for new sequences instead of manually having to set it up.

For example I like my timelines to be fully expanded with the display set to show all frames etc.

It would be great if there was a way to always open a new sequence this way.

Brian

• 1. Re: Can I create default sequence settings?
          Felix CL Level 3

Not that i know of,

then again, it's slower to open a sequence with all tracks showing all frames, since it has to generate them.

( though i love how premiere quickly shows waveforms, in avid i "love" waiting for the waveform to redraw whenever i zoom in/out of the timeline...)

viewing the entire sequence is as fast as hitting the #-key to zoom out to show the entire sequence.

also once you have changed the view on the desired video tracks to sho frames and save, it will always look like this when you open it again.

--

and keep smiling

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can I create default sequence settings?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

What I have done, for some "standard" editing jobs here, is to create an empty Project with Sequences set up, with just the Tracks, Bins, etc., as I like them, and then Save that layout as a "template." I just Open one of those templates, and immediately do a Save_As for the new Project that I am starting. I also have those PRPROJ (Project) files hidden away, in case I forget the Save_As step. I then just Import the unique Assets, and edit away. Now, not every display aspect will be exactly as I might like it, but 95% of the work is done for me.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Can I create default sequence settings?
              Dogminder Level 1

Bill what a brilliant idea!

I never thought of that.

Thank you so much, it'll save so much time.

Brian

• 4. Re: Can I create default sequence settings?
                Felix CL Level 3

this is really smart and i'll give it a try aswell, especially for bin structure, since i walways start a new project by setting up the same old

media, video, audio, fx ... bins.

still i would not do it for sequences due to varying source material.