• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking jquery Slidejs to database in Coldfusion

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a pretty specific problem I'm trying to determine if there is a solution for.

I'm trying to use the following jquery slider, planning to link it to the library website I work for. Once I add the jquery, I want to also be able to link to mySQL database to pull a rotating list of schedules, program information, misc. info, that will be a header/caption with each rotating photo. I've only ever 'added in specific text' with each photo before, and this time want the information to randomly rotate, not necessarily being tied to any photo. There is a possibility I may want a photo here and there to have specific information tied to it, but I'm not sure if I can do both the randomization and customization in one. Not sure if that makes any sense? Is it even possible to do this? Or any suggestions how to get this done, or examples of code? Right now the website is set up with Coldfusion/mySQL and Flash. The flash is what has the randomized text flowing with the images, and we're trying to get away from flash.

http://slidesjs.com/

Thanks!

Kerrie (newbie to Coldfusion)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had a quick look at the SlidesJS site. It's straightforward really, even includes sample code and demos. However, it is one of those things you have to get started yourself.

Roll up your sleeves. Install the libraries you need. Get your photos to randomly rotate at least. The questions you will then have will be more specific, hence more fruitful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation