24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 6:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio problem in monitor CS6

JCAlba

Hello

When I preview a clip in te monitor windows only sounds few seconds after that the clip continue without audio , but when I drag this clip into the timeline sound perfect the whole clip.

Where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
          Harm Millaard Level 7

OE = Operator Error.  Using the wrong hardware, software, setup, source material, sequence settings, or whatever you can think of.   Hard to tell without details, but definitely OE.

• 2. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
            JCAlba Level 1

Hello Harm

My mothernoard is an Aus P9X79 , CPU : i820 , 24 GB Ram DDR3 1600 , Video Quadro 4000 , SO win7 x64 and sound card integrated in Motherboard Realteck ACL898.

I hope this information be helpfull.

Best regards

• 3. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
              Harm Millaard Level 7

My mothernoard is an Aus P9X79 , CPU : i820 , 24 GB Ram DDR3 1600 , Video Quadro 4000 , SO win7 x64 and sound card integrated in Motherboard Realteck ACL898.

That explains it. The Asus (I assume you meant Asus and not Aus) P9X79 is a 2011 socket motherboard, the i7-820 is a 1156 pin CPU. They are incompatible. It is a wonder you have even been able to physically install that CPU in that socket.

• 4. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                JCAlba Level 1

Hello Harm

You're right , sorry for the typing mistakes , is an Asus motherboard and the CPU is an Intel i7-3820

• 5. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

What is your source material from what camera with which codec and how did you ingest?

• 6. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                    JCAlba Level 1

Hello

Camera : Sony HDR-SR12

Filmed : 1080i

Codec : AVCHD

Extract from camera to HD with Sony software

Outside Premiere or in timeline sounds perfect the whole clip , the only problem is playing in the source monitor.

BR

• 7. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                      Jim_Simon Level 8

Extract from camera to HD with Sony software

Don't do that.  Instead just use Windows Explorer (or Finder) to copy the entire PRIVATE folder to your hard drive.  Then use Premiere Pro's Media Browser to import.

• 8. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                        JCAlba Level 1

hello Jim

There is not a private folder

AVHCD

BDMV

CLIPINF

PLAYLIST

STREAM

I have a lot of videos inside and i want copy in my hd my videos in order not a folder with all the content without any idea what i have in my unique folder.

other test :

1. double click in a video from media browser

2. play in source monitor ,no audio

3. drag to timeline,audio ok

4. double click same video from project panel

5. play in source monitor,audio ok

6. import same or other from project panel

7. double click from project panel

8. play in source monitor,audio ok

conclusion is a bug with doucle click from media explorer.

br

• 9. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                          Jim_Simon Level 8

OK, copy the top level AVCHD folder.

• 10. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                            JCAlba Level 1

Hello Jim

This are the results

1. Copyed the full content of video camera

2. Occurs the same but with one difference , in source monitor i have sound about 1 ' and 09 " but after drag to time line 100 % audio , before was the same but in timeline 50% audio loss

BUT isn't the same in all videos , in some 0 audio in Smonitor and 100 % inTLine and in other 100% in both cases

Some videos doesn't work fine with the full copy ( all AVHCD directory ) and perhaps works well with my original copy ( only .m2ts ) and viceversa.

Other problem with media explorer , after coping all video data in the same directory , there are more than 500 clips , in the media browser i can see only 30 or 40 , after scrolling down appears "processing" in each video , after processing finish the scroll bar go to the top automatically , result : I can never select the bottom videos !!!! and yo can imagin that with hundrets of videos I can't work in list mode.

Best regards

• 11. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                              Jim_Simon Level 8

With that many videos, you'll have to work in List mode.  There's currently a bug in Icon mode (as you've noticed).

• 12. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                JCAlba Level 1

Hi Jim

Nice to know there is a bug in media explorer but what about my audio ?

when I play any of my videos with windows media player sound the entire clip without problem and doesn't matter if the are from my copy with sony product or coping the entire directory , that will be that isn't a problem with audio driver no ?

Then wat about PP CS6 ?

BR

• 13. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                  Jim_Simon Level 8

These clips contain 5.1 audio?

• 14. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                    JCAlba Level 1

Hello

Yes , by default I record 1080i ,5.1 , PAL , 16.9

Best regards

• 15. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                      Jim_Simon Level 8

OK.

Do you have a 5.1 speaker setup for your computer?  Are the clips in a sequence with a 5.1 Master track?

• 16. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                        JCAlba Level 1

hello

no ,i have only two speakers ,but in media player sound perfect and since cs4 i used the same speaker  system, the same camara and same records and i never have had this problem..

br

• 17. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                          Jim_Simon Level 8

Well, right there I can see where a potential problem may exist.  You have 5.1 source with only stereo speakers.  Given a stereo Master sequence, all audio is routed to those two speakers, but the Source Monitor doesn't route audio like that, so any audio that is on the center or surrounds you won't hear.

I can see three possible fixes:

1. Get a 5.1 speaker set for your computer.

2. Switch your camera to stereo recording.

3. Get a new camera that records stereo instead of 5.1.

• 18. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                            JCAlba Level 1

your answer could be right but why can i hear well 1 minute more or less and during this mitute all sond bar from the time line shows green signal and are moving ?

br

• 19. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                              Jim_Simon Level 8

I don't know, but when you have a technical mismatch like this, it's often pointless to troubleshoot until you get that mismatch corrected.

• 20. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                                JCAlba Level 1

ok

Thanks for your help,i will continue with my test.

br

• 21. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                                  JCAlba Level 1

Hello all

Yesterday i do some more test :

1. Connect 4 speakers -> same result

2. Configure Realtek software as 5.1 -> same result

3. Use media recorded with mi old DV camera , of course in stereo ( DCR-HC39E ) -> same result

4. Use media recorded with my tablet , in stereo -> same result

In all cases there was no audio in the source monitor , dragged to the time line audio was correct and complete.

All my recorded material in HDV / 5.1 ( actual camera ) , in source monitor 50-60 % audio , dragged to Time Line 75-85% audio , in some cases 100% in both and in other cases 0% in both.

So , I think it's a problem with CS6 , the same media works perfect in CS3,4 and 5

BR

• 22. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                                    Jim_Simon Level 8

Nice troubleshooting.

Next, what do you have listed under Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware...

• 23. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                                      JCAlba Level 1

Hello Jim

Answering your question , under audio hardware is only Premiere Pro VDM Sound.

Today I have seen that in Asus web were some updates , so , I updated bios , motherboard chipset and audio and nothing , same result , BUT !!!

I have deleted all .cfa and .pek files and deselect the option "save cache files .... , if is possible" under preferences/media and change the location to my general cache ssd cache and now ALL videos works well , in source monitor and time line without losing audio.

I hope that this solution will fix the problem in the rest of my clips !!!

Thanks to all for the support.

• 24. Re: Audio problem in monitor CS6
                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Don't see any mention above, but I found that I needed to use the ASIO4All driver (free at asio4all.com), to get my Creative Live 24-bit card to function properly. That driver has been very helpful to folk with embedded Audio chips, up to some esoteric pro Audio gear.

Now, you mention that your Audio functioned properly in earlier versions of PrPro. Were there any changes to the system, between them, and CS 6? If there are no changes to the system, then it might be a change with CS 6. I would try ASIO4All, install it, and point the ASIO settings to it, as a test.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful