9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 10:05 AM by SSForms

Respondents not getting responses to submit!

Mourny

I've had several respondents tell me they don't get my confirmation message and I don't see their submissions. They say that they've tried several times and clicked Submit each time. Most use PCs, probably IE, possibly Firefox. One or two use Mac.

Please help!

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
          rdolgov Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problem.

Can you send me (rdolgov@adobe.com) a link to the form? (so we can look in the log for any errors)

Also, can you please ask respondends to capture a screenshot after submission? And ask them if they see "Thank you for completing the form." message at the end (and if not, what message do they get).

Thank you,

Roman

• 2. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
            Mourny Level 1

Hi, Roman,

Here's the link:

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=7HqbX%2ADCqPx951NzLnqgiQ

I've described the confirmation message and even copied and pasted it into messages to them, but they say they aren't seeing it.

Here is a quote from one:

I went through and submitted my form several times, but it doesn't say that it did it?

and another:

Help! I’ve filled out the form and hit submit three times and it goes no where. Does that mean my submission has gone through or what?...It was frustrating to fill it all in and then nothing happen.

Most of these respondents (elderly) won't know how to capture a screenshot.

I could ask them, but would rather not. Can you go with what I've given you?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
              rdolgov Adobe Employee

Thanks for sharing the link.

I've check the log but could not find any error on server side. So my best guess that something happens on client side.

One thing I noticed, that the form has a lot of required fields. Is it possible that respondends didn't fill in all required fields? In which case the form kind of "goes no where". (meaning we redirect back to the required field)

Note, I did one test submit using your form, which worked fine for me, feel free to delete the submission with bunch of "test" words. (and why I was testing it, I did miss one required field ).

Can you verify with respondends that they fill in all required fields?

Or other option, if you can temporary update your form to switch all fields to non-required, to see if it helps.

Thank you,

Roman

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                Mourny Level 1

I appreciate all your efforts, Roman! Thanks for the suggestions and the test.

Did you mean that you were able to submit your test response without completing one of the required fields? If so, wouldn't that be a programming error that Adobe would need to fix?

I'll have a look at everything you've mentioned and let you know... It may be tomorrow before I get the time.

• 5. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                  rdolgov Adobe Employee

>Did you mean that you were able to submit your test response without completing one of the required fields? If so, wouldn't that be a programming error that Adobe would need to fix?

I could not submit until filling in all required fields, so it works as expected and prevents submission. So I ended up filling up the form, pressing Submit, getting error about missing value, which I needed to correct before submitting successfully.

Thanks

Roman

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                    Mourny Level 1

Ok, thanks for the clarification!

So, I've just removed the requirement for the 7 required fields. I'm going to ask my challenged respondents to try again, this time completing everything they can, then again clicking on Submit.

I tested it myself just now and it worked fine, but it worked fine for me with the required fields, too!

I'll let you know what happens next!

Mourny

• 7. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                      SSForms

I am having the same problem with my forms!  I have several users whose reports I have received but I have a handful of users that have said they have submitted them but I do not see their responses in FormsCentral. 

Is there a certain OS or platform the users cannot use when submitting forms- like tablets, iphones, certain browsers, etc?

• 8. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                        RandySwineford Adobe Employee

I'm assuming you are referring to web forms (and not PDF forms). Our web forms should work in all browsers/platforms.

Is it happening in specific OS/browser/version? Are people submitting over slow internet connections? Are they seeing the spinning wheel and then the confirmation page?

Any info you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Randy

• 9. Re: Respondents not getting responses to submit!
                          SSForms Level 1

Hi Randy,

I have asked the folks submitting them to provide me more context.  We

switched from PDF forms to web forms- to avoid all the problems our

employees were reporting submitting them- we thought web forms would be

more streamlined and limit the margin of error.  I

'm waiting for more information from them, but as far as I know they simply

said they submitted them and we did not receive them.  Some tried again-

and succeeded, however with one employee, we only received 1 of 4 of his

submissions.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Randy Swineford