2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 12:14 AM by Mylenium

Pre-comp 3D Ray-Traced text quality

Jack Banatoni Level 1

I've made some text in AE.  It looks smooth and great until I pre-comp.  Then it gets some aliasing around the edges and is nowhere near as smooth.

Text looks aliased in the pre-comps.  If I click the 3D icon on my master comp, it becomes smooth in master comp.  Unfortunately, I can't leave 3D checked on because I want to apply effects to the 3D text - hence, the pre-comps.  Changing the ray-trace quality and anti-alias filter type does not appear to change anything for me.

Any suggestions?

AE CS6

Win 7 64

2GB GTX 560 Ti

16GB RAM

i7-2600k

Thanks,

JB

• 1. Re: Pre-comp 3D Ray-Traced text quality
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not exactly sure what your comp looks like but here are some guidelines. If you want to use Ray Traced rendering then you cannot apply certain effects, blend modes and other things to the 3D layer. If you pre-compose and collapse transformations you should be able to then apply effects to the pre-comp and still see the 3D and move around the object with the camera. If you turn on the 3D switch for the pre-comp the effects will then go away and the edges will show aliasing.

The Collapse Transformations switch looks like a * and is just right of the shy icon.

If that doesn't solve your problem then we need to see a screenshot and maybe a flow chart of your project.

• 2. Re: Pre-comp 3D Ray-Traced text quality
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Agree. A screenshot woul tell a lot.

Mylenium