• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make RH 7 uninstall completely?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Win 7 64-bit machine.

I have both RH 7 (from standalone product) and RH 9 (from tech comm 3) installed on my system. I want to uninstall RH 7. My main reason for uninstalling is I have an ExtendScript (.jsx file) that is launched inside a batch file, but it instead always tries to launch RH 7 instead of RH 9.

Anyway, I used Control Panel to remove RH 7, and it went through the process but now it no longer appears in my program group nor in the Programs and Features in Control Panel.

However, I can still browse to RH 7 and launch it.

Has anyone else run across this? How do I completely uninstall this version?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing of scripting but could the problem be you are launching RoboHelp without specifying the full path to Rh9?

Normally RevoUninstaller is recommended for removing programs as it removes registry entries left by the apps own uninstaller. However the free version may not work if it cannot see the program in Programs and Features. The site does state though that Revo Uninstaller Pro has a very powerful feature called Forced Uninstall. Forced Uninstall is the best solution when you have to remove stubborn programs, partially installed programs, partially uninstalled programs, and programs not listed as installed at all!

Microsoft did have a tool that cleaned up when an uninstall had failed. This page looks close. http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, as always, thanks for your helpful advice. I'll take a look at those uninstall links.

And yes, regarding the scripting opening up RH 7, I did find out if I included the entire pathway to RoboHtml.exe for RH 9 that it opened Rh 9. I have a diff problem related to that. My script is opening up a new RH instance, not using the current one I have open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Jared but I can't help you with that one. Scripting is not my thing.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp