3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2012 8:41 PM by bigscreentv

Configure CF Builder 2.1 for IIS

bigscreentv Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some problems trying to configure CF Builder 2.1 for a local ISS server on Windows 7. When adding a server a receive the following error message:

[localhost]:Error(11/02 at 09:28:49) Unable to authenticate on RDS server using current security information.

This would seem as though my either my username/password for RDS are incorrent, however I've checked at everything seems to be ok.

My settings are as follows:

General Settings

Server Name: localhost

Description: N/A

Application Server: CF+Tomcat Bundle

Host Name: localhost

"Is local" radio button is selected

WebServer Port is 80

Local Server Settings

Server Home: c:/inetpub

Document Root: C:\inetpub\wwwroot

*I am unable to select a version of CF - the field is blanked out

Should I be disabling RDS? I am also installing for local dev so there is no need for it anyway.

I'm a newbie to CF so I'm pretty sure it's something simple I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

• 1. Re: Configure CF Builder 2.1 for IIS
          bigscreentv Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to add that I removed the RDS password and now I am getting:

Error performing the server operation. Could not find path to jvm.config

Any help would be great. Would love to be able to do some code finally.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

• 2. Re: Configure CF Builder 2.1 for IIS
            charlie@carehart.org Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I’m afraid things sound possibly in too much of a mess to resolve by email.

If you may like some direct assistance (over the web, someone looking over your shoulder with you at your setup), I offer that sort of help, both for general CF server troubleshooting and for CFBuilder setup. In the case of CFBuilder, I realize some are reluctant to pay much (“it’s just an editor after all”), so I offer for that a “one problem fixed fee” approach, where I’ll work up to 2 hours to solve the problem (and help you understand the solution). For more, see www.carehart.org/consulting.

I appreciate that that may sound smarmy on a forum/list like this, where folks hope to find free help. I just find that nearly always, getting things like this working involves several moving parts, and trying to solve it by email is really painful for all concerned.

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie

• 3. Re: Configure CF Builder 2.1 for IIS
              bigscreentv Level 1

Hi Charlie,

I seem to have worked this one out by uninstalling CF Builder and starting again. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I may have done wrong.

Not quite at the level where I think I need consulting just yet, but will keep it in mind for when things get a little more complex.

Thanks,

bigscreentv