4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 11:32 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Downloading to Tablet

1961HP#

I have recently purchased a tablet and want to download the books from my Adobe Digital Editions library to the tablet.  Is it the same method of transferring as for the eReader?

• 1. Re: Downloading to Tablet
          Preran Adobe Employee

I found a link that could help you. Please let us know if you still have problems

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

• 2. Re: Downloading to Tablet
            1961HP# Level 1

Thanks, Preran, but that relates to compatible eReaders.   I have already downloaded from my Adobe Library books to my eReader but wanted to know whether the process for downloading to my new tablet is the same, that is Adobe authorises and recognises the tablet and you just drag the book title across to copy.

• 3. Re: Downloading to Tablet
              Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

1961JP# you can find more information on how to view e-books on tablets at View e-books | iOS, Android devices - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/view-e-books-ios-android.html.

• 4. Re: Downloading to Tablet
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The second post was:

"I have already downloaded from my Adobe Library books to my eReader but

wanted to know whether the process for downloading to my new tablet is the

same, that is Adobe authorises and recognises the tablet and you just drag

the book title across to copy."

The first order of business is to find out whether your tablet is on the

list of supported devices, which is located

HERE<http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices>.

If it is, then you can interface directly between ADE and the tablet.  If

not, then you have to do something different - which will depend on whether

or not there's an interface program on the tablet that will work with

ebooks, or other software that comes with the tablet that reads ebooks.

If you can't work with ADE directly, it's probable that you'll have to

download the ebooks to ADE and then use some utility software to get them

to the tablet.  Once there, you'll have to import them into the ereader

software.  If your tablet supports Aldiko, that software will import the

ADE .epub files with no further issues.

Keep in mind that all of this applies to tablets that are not from Apple.

If you're going to work with an iPad, then you can use iTunes to bring

ebooks across from your computer.

Hope this helps!

=============