This is not answer for my question. Chinese language is in LEFT to RIGHT format.
Apologies for changing the direction Chinese write
I wonder if this is yet another instance where the language of the operating system comes into play. I helped a user in a similar situation a few weeks ago. Check out this post and post back it it helps:
Have you change the language Project Settings to Simplified chienese. If not go to File>Project Settings and change the language and then generate the help file.
Hope this helps.
The info from the above link is useful. But it is not related to my question. Hence, I am giving a detailed picture of my problem, once again.
- If the htm source file name is in Chinese font, the chm output of the htm file is not displayed. Output is as follows:
- Here you can see that my system is not able to recognise the chinese characters. Even in the left side TOC column the file names are displayed as question marks (????) in place of chinese characters.
- But if I change the htm file name to English, the content(Chinese) is displayed as in the source htm file.
NOTE: I used the same source files and generated a Web Help output, which has come out well. The content both in the TOC and reading pane, is displayed as in the HTM source files of RoboHelp.
Also note that the Operating System language, in my system is US (English).
Please let me know, how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.
Rh supports simplified Chinese for content only, not file names.
If installed selecting the Japanese UI on a PC with Windows also installed for Japanese, then I would guess the file name could be in Japanese. I stress that is a guess only.
I don't work with other languages so I do not have more detailed knowledge.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
I had the same issue in Japanese. I don't know how you are getting your content into RoboHelp, but we use FrameMaker. It has everything to do with the names of the topics, it seems. Here is how I resolved this issue for us.
- Select File| Project Settings.
- Click Edit next to Edit conversion settings for FrameMaker documents.
- Select Other Settings.
- From the Topic Name Pattern drop-down select list, select <$filename_no_ext><n>.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Import the content and go!
The filenames will use the filename in Windows, followed by a number when the FrameMaker files are imported into RoboHelp. As long as your filenames are in not in a double-byte language, it will function correctly in an English environment.
I had our Japanese translator test the file on her system and it also worked in the Japanese environment. I hope this helps you with your issue!