2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2012 9:53 AM by WB Zhan

RSL Url path for OSMF 2.0

WB Zhan

I am implementing a dynamic plugin to work with OSMF 2.0, I would not like to merge into OSMF 2.0's code into my pluign, instead, I would like to use Runtime Shared Library for OSMF 2.0 as link type,  the player app will  link to the OSMF 2.0 through RSL as well, and load a URL for my dynamic plugin.  But unfortunately, I could not find an official RSL URL for OSMF 2.0,  can you help to tell me the RSL url for OSMF 2.0?

From Flash Builder 4.6,  I can get a RSL URL for an older version of OSMF as below,  but it is NOT for OSMF 2.0,   my dynamic Plugin works on OSMF 2.0 only.

<libraryPathEntry applicationDomain="default" forceLoad="false" index="2" kind="3" linkType="4" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/osmf.swc" useDefaultLinkType="true">

<crossDomainRslEntry autoExtract="true" policyFileUrl="http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml" rslUrl="http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/ swz"/>

<crossDomainRslEntry autoExtract="true" policyFileUrl="" rslUrl="osmf_1.0.0.16316.swz"/>

Thanks a lot,

WB Zhan

• 1. Re: RSL Url path for OSMF 2.0
          Silviu Vergoti Adobe Employee

I'm afraid that OSMF 2.0 has no RSL URL.

• 2. Re: RSL Url path for OSMF 2.0
            WB Zhan Level 1

Thank you Silviu for the reply.

I want to implement a dynamic-loaded plugin (myplugin.swf) on OSMF 2.0,  and publish the plugin in my webside for applications to dynamically load it,   since there is no RSL URL for OSMF 2.0,   does it mean I will have to build my plugin swf with static-link to OSMF 2.0 and set "Merged Into Code" for the referenced OSMF2.0 swc?

I was hoping to avoid "merging OSMF 2.0's code into my plugin", and ask application to preload OSMF 2.0 before my plugin is loaded so that my plugin has smaller size without any OSMF script code there.