1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2008 5:01 PM by Newsgroup_User

Another: is this project suitable for Captivate?

R_O_S_E
      I want to create a project and just wanted to check in that Captivate was appropriate for use.

Details: e-Learning course that is conveying new policy/process information. I see it taking less than an hour to complete and would be broken into several lessons. Some of the lessons would include demonstration of using a certain spreadsheet, and other computer screen images or movies; however, most would be conveying the new information in text or graphical format and trying to make is at interesting as possible with activities/quizzes etc.

Also I will be posting the finished product to LMS so we can keep track of who has completed the course and hopefully people can have the option to exit if they can't finish it in one go and come back to it later.
        • 1. Re: Another: is this project suitable for Captivate?
          Level 7
          >I want to create a project and just wanted to check in that Captivate was
          > appropriate for use.

Generally speaking, yes. But it's hard for us to predict if some of your
          specific needs might fall outside of Captivate's abilities.

You mention games, for instance. Captivate is deliberately not extensible
          through scripting. Many games reply on advanced scripting. It is entirely
          possible that you could find that you need to employ Flash, for instance, to
          get all the features you need.

But really it depends on your needs, and you may find you can achieve all
          you need within Captivate.

Steve

--
          Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
          My blog - http://stevehoward.blogspot.com/