Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Writing a Binary file

Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use CF 7 to write a binary (GIF) file either to the browser or to a file on the server. I have tried many variations - CFFile, CFHeader/CFContent - but all return the same result of returning only the Hex codes, not binary, even though the output is converted to binary before saving. Then the browser returns the error "The image cannot be displayed, because it contains errors", as it's not binary. The only method I have found to work is using a CFX tag HexBinaryW, but this isn't installed at shared hosting sites, and I would rather stick to CFML or at least a standard CFX that hosts would likely have already. Is there something missing in my code, or are there alternatives?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
answering my own question - the second line should be this below. I was making it too complicated. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
answering my own question - the second line should be this below. I was making it too complicated. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation