6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2012 9:44 PM by Alec Molloy

iPad Mini

KenMiiWe

I have finshed designing a multi-page folio with various interactive features, buttons, slideshows, etc., and need to quickly port it over to iPad Mini so that I can demo it using Adobe Viewer. Is ther a way to do this 'automatically' and quickly, such as using Liquid Layout or other tools, or do I need to manually rebuild each page? (Using InDesign CS6). I attempted to use Liquid Layout a while ago, but was very unsuccessful as everything became jumbled up,  but I know tha LL is built for precisely this purpose, but any help specifically for iPad Mini is highly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: iPad Mini
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can preview the effect of a Liquid Layout rule by selecting the Page tool. You'll see handles around the page where you've applied the rule. Drag the page to the approximate dimensions of your iPad page dimensions and you'll see how objects are moved. When you release the mouse, the page returns to its original size.

• 2. Re: iPad Mini
            KenMiiWe Level 1

Thanks Steve. One quick question: There is no preset for the iPad Mini when I try to design a page, do you know what dimmensions should I use and how do I set that up?

• 3. Re: iPad Mini
              Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe that the iPad Mini has the same resolution as the original iPad and iPad 2. (Only iPad 3rd and 4th generation have the HD resolutions.)

• 4. Re: iPad Mini
                KenMiiWe Level 1

Steve,

I know it has the same resolution, but any idea on the actual dimessnions of the screen? I ask because if I use Liquid Layout and resize the folio pages that I have designed for the iPad, don't I need to resize it to the size of the iPad Mini?

• 5. Re: iPad Mini
                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

No!

They have the same resolution hence you design for the same size.

Bob

• 6. Re: iPad Mini
                    Alec Molloy Employee Moderator

As Bob and Steve have said, they do have the same resolution, which means that you don't need to change the settings inside InDesign, but you might want to make your text larger to account for the smaller screen.

Text might be big enough for people to read on the iPad, but too small for iPad mini users. I would advise testing it on a device if you can, but if not, you should compensate a few point sizes.