3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 2:37 PM by the_wine_snob

Larger flash movies?

km79 Level 1

Hi,

since some days (weeks) the exported (shared) flash movies out of PE 10 are much more larger. Files, that was about 10MB about weeks ago are now (newly exported) about 100MB.

I opened old projects, don't make any changes and use the same preset for flash export.

What can be the reason for that? Were there any flash updates in the past that can effect the output size? How can I determine the flash renderer that is used to create the f4v-files?

Thanks

Konrad

• 1. Re: Larger flash movies?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

10x the size? The only possible explanation is that you're using different output settings.

Or are you saying that files you output weeks ago have, on their own, changed size? That can't be right.

• 2. Re: Larger flash movies?
            km79 Level 1

Ok ... the soultion was:
            The preset had a different value for qualitity: 5 Mbps instead of 0.5 Mbps.

But I never touched the preset - I used it for month and it worked well.

And even if someone change this value: PE would have asked to create a new preset ("Presetname copy"). So, I suppose that PE 10 changed the preset for some strange reasons. No idea.

Konrad

• 3. Re: Larger flash movies?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Yes, the two parameters, that will dictate output file size are Duration and Bit-Rate. If the Duration remains constant, then the Bit-Rate has changed, as you noticed.

Good luck,

Hunt