• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show All/Hide All buttons in HTML Help topics

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with existing Show All and Hide All buttons for expanding/closing drop-downs in HTML Help topics.There are existing buttons in the topics from an older version of the project which now no longer work when the .chm is compiled (although they do work in the View feature). The error message says that the Javascript viewall () and hide () properties are not defined - these are the functions ascribed in the HTML code for the "Onclick" actions for the buttons.

I have tried deleting the old buttons and adding new plain buttons that are user-customisable (according to the RH8 Help) but I can't seem to do this either.  I have also looked at Peter Grainge's method for using twisties but I think that only applies to WebHelp where skins are used.

Any thoughts anyone please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the Demonstration links at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/twisty/twisty.htm you will see each method shows the compatibility. CHMs should be fine.

What Show All / Hide All method are you using at the moment?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Currently the project contains separate Show All and Hide All buttons in many topics that are described in the HTML code as buttons with an "onclick" function of either Javascript:viewall() or hide(). I have upgraded the project from an earlier version into RH 8 so maybe this is why the buttons no longer work when I compile the .CHM, I don't know.

I have now tried using the "show/hide without twisties" method in your project (which I like) but have come up against the same problem, i.e., that the "jobcheck" property value is null or undefined. I think I have followed the instructions correctly., and the HTML code looks okay (i.e., no syntax errors). Is it a global thing that the project doesn't recognise these javascript functions? How are they described in the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Peter. I have revisited my problem from yesterday and managed to get the original method used in the project working. It appears that the source file for the Javascript code was not in the Baggage files for some reason. Your website gave me the insight into how this all works, so many thanks. I will try the one button approach again at some point as that looks better, but for now at least I can make progress with the project. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp