4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2012 7:07 PM by Sham HC

Email Notification - Dynamic Participant Step - workflows

ravindrareddydr Level 1

Hi,

I did not found Email notification for "Dynamic partcipant step" workflow step.

Can any one help me where i need do changes for sending email using default or custom template to a dynamic user.

ThanksEmail_notification.png

Ravindra

• 1. Re: Email Notification - Dynamic Participant Step - workflows
          Yogesh Upadhyay Level 4

Can you copy /libs/cq/workflow/components/model/participant/tab_participant/items/email under /libs/cq/workflow/components/model/dynamic_participant/tab_participant_chooser/items and see if that helps.

Yogesh

• 2. Re: Email Notification - Dynamic Participant Step - workflows
            ravindrareddydr Level 1

I tried , but this will not give solution,

I think this is the Solution :

Where they implemented listeners of email functioality for "Participant step".

If we know this, we can call the listener for "Dynamic participant step".

Where they implemented email functionality for  "Participant step". ?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Email Notification - Dynamic Participant Step - workflows
              rush_pawan Level 4

I can suggest you two things

1. copy "/libs/cq/workflow/components/model/participant/cq:editConfig/cq:dropTargets" inside "/libs/cq/workflow/components/model/dynamic_participant/cq:editConfig"  and make modification to "cq:dropTargets/participant" and "cq:dropTargets/participant/parameters" by taking reference to "libs/cq/workflow/components/model/dynamic_participant/tab_participant_chooser/items/choo ser" This will help to setup the participant information to workitem metadata collection object (set it locally). Now check if it works. if not and if possible to make changes to property name from "DYNAMIC_PARTICIPANT" to just "PARTICIPANT" and again check (may be it takes only "PARTICIPANT" property from metadata).

Also check error.log for any error. if found then post us.

2. Verify your model structure at "/etc/workflow/models" and instances "/etc/workflow/instances" to cross check if everything looks good as expected.

I think for manual steps the standard workflow classes takes care of notifications based on supplied metadata information.

• 4. Re: Email Notification - Dynamic Participant Step - workflows
                Sham HC Level 7

It is a bug. Dynamic Participants  not sending email notifications. Please file daycare with business case.

1 person found this helpful