• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to "accept" Acrobat agreement?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud. Downloaded fine on my PC. However, I have a new Macbook Pro running the latest Mountain Lion OS, and I am unable to accept the acrobat agreement upon opening the application. I see the Accept button but I cannot click on it. When I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Since I cannot accept the user/software use agreement, I cannot do PDFs on the web, etc. Maybe it's a learning curve (came from a PC) or maybe a real issue? I have no problems with any of the other Adobe applications. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Known issue.

Fix described here: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-xi-reader.html (see Blank EULA screen)

"Blank EULA screen. Problem: Mac OS only. On launch, a blank EULA screen appears, which cannot be accepted, and Acrobat does not run. This problem can appear if you have any products installed from CCM or from Creative Suite, and you tried installing Acrobat XI from a different source.

Workaround: Launch any other product which is part of the CCM or Creative suite. Then, d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  It was so annoying as clicking on a PDF in a browser wouldn't work.  I have Snow Leapord on a MacBook Pro.

I uninstalled Acrobat Pro XI by draggin it to the trash.  Probably shouldn't have done that since now AAM thinks it's still installed and I can't reinstall it.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue.

Fix described here: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-xi-reader.html (see Blank EULA screen)

"Blank EULA screen. Problem: Mac OS only. On launch, a blank EULA screen appears, which cannot be accepted, and Acrobat does not run. This problem can appear if you have any products installed from CCM or from Creative Suite, and you tried installing Acrobat XI from a different source.

Workaround: Launch any other product which is part of the CCM or Creative suite. Then, deactivate it by choosing Help > Deactivate. Quit the application. Then, launch Acrobat and accept the EULA. Then, for the CCM subscription product, launch it and select License This Software to enable the CCM product again. If a CS application, launch it and reactivate it. [3338419]"

See also http://forums.adobe.com/message/4814115

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm not sure if that solved it or not. Now all of my applications are in trial mode! And the one I de-activated won't let me navigate beyond "enter a serial number" which I do not have because its the creative cloud membership. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John! That did in fact work! I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!!

I did the following to fix the "trial" issue (for anyone who reads this later):

(quit all applications)

1. Launch the application which says you are in trial mode.

2. On the Creative Cloud application trial screen, click on "License this Software".

3. Sign in with your Adobe ID associated with your Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines