• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic updates in CF 10 on OSX not working

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the devloper edition of CF10 on OSX 10.7.2 and the automatic updates function is not working. I can see the updates, click on Download and Install, then click Continue but nothing happens. Same with the Download button.

Also get the following error when logging in to the CF admin:

Error invoking CFC /CFIDE/administrator/updates/download.cfc : WDDX packet parse error at line 1, column 1. Content is not allowed in prolog.. [Enable debugging by adding 'cfdebug' to your URL parameters to see more information]

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I verified on my Mac 10.7.4, in developer edition I don’t see any issues installing Update 4. I was able to install the Update successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not sure if this is an issue on MacOS as well, but even if you download the Windows 64-bit ColdFusion 10 Developer today (which I actually did), it has a bug in it that requires you to install a Mandatory Update before you can then install the Updates in the CF ACP.  Have you checked on this?

CF Mandatory Update Page > http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-10-mandatory-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the mandatory update OK before trying to get the other updates. If I download the updates individually I can install them via the command line, just can't get them via the auto update. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same error also happens on a Win 2003 server upgraded from Cold Fusion 9 to 10.

This server had Cold Fusion 9 installed, and then I upgrade to Cold Fusion 10. The migration was successful, and then I installed the mandatory update. After the mandatory update, when a user logs in to the Administrator, they get a message saying "Error invoking CFC /CFIDE/administrator/updates/download.cfc - Content is now allowed in the prolog" This machine was also missing the /cfusion/hf-updates folder, if that's of any help.

On my local Windows 7 machine, I installed Cold Fusion 10 on top of Cold Fusion 9. As hotfixes were released, I installed them. CUrrently, my machine doesn't have this problem, so it seems to be something that the mandatory hotfix did to unpatched systems as opposed to patched systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation