6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 8:46 AM by 99jon

Cant launch ORGANISE

jlh2859

I havenet used Photoshop Elements 8 for a while however cannot open ORGANISE.   Can open EDIT but not ORGANSIE.  I am travelling and do not have the disks with me to re-install.   Please advise how I can fix

June

• 1. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try making a direct desktop icon for the Organizer and see if you can launch the program directly from the desktop.

Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Browse to Computer OS C:

And find the PSE Organizer application in Program Files or Program Files (x86) on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

Inside the Adobe >> Photoshop Elements Organizer (yellow folder) you are looking for an application file “PhotoshopEementsOrganizer” with six small icons (e.g. representing thumbnails)

Select it and click OK

Click next

Then click finish

• 3. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE
              jlh2859 Level 1

I have created the desktop item and Organizer still does not launch.   The Organizer welcome screen comes up (which is more that it does from within PSE) but tries but does not launch.  Seems to be a problem with my program file.  Can I download from somewhere to refresh the file?

• 4. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE

You must have selected the shortcut for the welcome screen. Delete it and start again. When you click next navigate to the application PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

• 5. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE
                  jlh2859 Level 1

No I have the organizer exe as the shortcut.  When I said welcome screen I meant the opening screen for organizer.  The small screen opens, and then after a few second  closes.   It appears to be something wrong with the program.  Is there somewhere I cam download the exe again without charge?  I am traveling  and don't have my installation disks with me.

June

• 6. Re: Cant launch ORGANISE

Downloads are only available for the current version PSE11.

The Organizer preferences may have become corrupted, needing to be automatically re-built on a re-start.

Close Elements.

Click the Start Button and then your user name (in place of mine) and navigate to:

C: 99Jon >> AppData >> Roaming >> Adobe >> Elements Organizer >>8.0 >> Organizer

Delete the PSA file (with key symbol) and delete Status.dat

Re-start the program

AppData may be a hidden system file. See the link to reveal hidden files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files