2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2012 11:59 PM by sudarshan.t

Registering a serial number

Torleon

I have successfully installed the download version of Photoshop CS 6 Extended on my IMac, but (a ) want to install this on my Macbook Pro. I thought I should first register the product with Adobe ( as I have always done ) but when I enter the serial number, I am asked for a valid serial number - but this is the one Adobe supplied!!!

I cannot locat a serial number ( to check ) when I am running Photoshop CS6 Extended on my Imac, so this Adobe notification is the only one I have ( when I completed the Adobe Licensing ) so I am at a loss what to do - can anyone offer a solution please ?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Registering a serial number
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If you have a subscription, there is no serial number. It's all handled via your Adobe ID and the application manager.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Registering a serial number
            sudarshan.t Level 6

Are you on Creative Cloud Subscription? If you are, like Mylenium said, there is usually no serial number. In this case, for you to be able to install it on a 2nd machine, you have to sign in using your same Adobe ID and the activation will be taken care of for you by the AAM.

If you're not on Creative Cloud, you have to triple check the serial number that was given to you when you purchased Photoshop CS6. If you've bought it online, you can login to your Adobe ID online and you'll be able to retrieve your serial number from there.

-ST