5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 2:43 PM by chris.campbell

Flash 11.4.402.287 MSI won't install

Jack4049

Hello,

I am having a problem with setting up flash 11 into group policy.  I have signed up for a distribution license and downloaded the file which seemed most logical, 'Flash player 11.4.402.287 OS: Windows, Browser: IE, Installer: MSI', which downloaded this file: install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi.

However when I try to use it, I get a pop up requesting the following:

"The network feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' in the box below."

If I select OK, it loops on itself, if I select version 10.3.183.29 (downloaded from the same place as the version 11 msi) I get an error reading: "The file '*DIRECTORY*\install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX. Try to find the installation package 'install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' in a folder from which you can install adobe flash player 10 activeX."

If I cancel I get a pop up saying "Error 1714.The older version of adobe flash player 11 active x cannot be removed.  contact your technical support group". 

Please advise where I am going wrong.

Lastly, system information:

Servers: Windows Server 2008 r2, IE 9

Client Machines: Windows 7 Professional (64 bit), IE 9

Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit), IE 9 \ Firefox 16.0.2

Reguards,

Jack