• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 ?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach Dreamweaver. I use it daily (CS6). I shut it down this morning and when I restarted it, I get Error 16. I have done, 50,000 times, everything that Adobe said to do in their FAQ's etc.. Uninstall Dreamweaver, remove the DW config directory, update Adobe application manager, restart my MAC, Download a new Dreamweaver, all of this over and over and over. Still... Error 16 AND... The Application Manager crashes immediately after installing DW.

I'm at my wit's end as I absolutely have to have DW CS6 every day, and I cannot seem to personally contact Adobe support.

Anyone have a clue as to what I might do?

Jim Brick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Thanks Jeff, and you are correct that my permissions were corrupted. As I said originally, I tried fixing the permissions of the PDF and SLStore folders, but that didn't work. So, since I use a Mac with Time Machine running, I simply went back a few days and re-loaded:

Mac System HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Adobe

So by refreshing the Adobe folder to a version before the permissions were broken, solved the problem. I do remember messing with the permissions of System HD -> Library -> Ru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimbrick please see "Configuration error" CS5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/configuration-error-cs5.html for steps on how to resolve your difficulty.  It is likely your permissions have become compromised on one or more directories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff, and you are correct that my permissions were corrupted. As I said originally, I tried fixing the permissions of the PDF and SLStore folders, but that didn't work. So, since I use a Mac with Time Machine running, I simply went back a few days and re-loaded:

Mac System HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Adobe

So by refreshing the Adobe folder to a version before the permissions were broken, solved the problem. I do remember messing with the permissions of System HD -> Library -> Ruby -> Gems  but I don't know why that messed up the permissions of the Adobe folder. I probably messed up while using Terminal.

Thank you very much for answering my plea for help.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines