1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 3:51 AM by Mylenium

    Text ripple effect

    SteveD333 Level 2

      I'm a very new After Effects user, and I'm really just experimenting with the software.  On effect I’d like to attempt is a text effect which simulates a ripple, or at least that’s what I think it would be called.


      Basically, imagine some lettering lying at the bottom of a swimming pool, and you’re looking at the text from above the surface.  It would appear the letters are moving/distorting in a wave motion/ripple effect caused by the light diffraction through the water.


      Could AE reproduce this effect, and if so, how do I create it?



      Thanks in advance,