1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 1:36 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Need to Access Bookmarks

ams0927

So I have a huge research paper that I've been working on for about a month now. I've read about 6 books for it thus far, one of which I checked out through my university's library and downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions. I'm a Kindle user, so I'm use to making bookmarks that I can access later if I renew the book again, and I assumed things would be the same in Adobe Digital Editions. So I finished the book a few weeks ago and let it expire with the bookmarks in it. Now, I've started the actual writing portion of my paper, and last night I rechecked out the same book from my university's library, only to find that I can't access my bookmarks. I found the .annot files and they're still there, I just can't get them to open in the book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need these for my paper, and I don't want to have to go through a 300 page book again.

• 1. Re: Need to Access Bookmarks
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Umm...  I don't know how you've done it.  Kindles are Amazon's proprietary

product, and are not supported by ADE.

Generically, if an ebook is loaned to your account, when the loan expires,

so does access to the ebook.  The ebook will stay on your computer

physically. however.  So, you could try to re-set your system date and time

to a point when the loan period for the ebook had not expired and see if

you can get at it.  No guarantees....

=========