3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2006 11:20 PM by howik

help please

chrissybhoy
      Hi Folks,
      Any help and advice would be appreciated. We are producing a deaf educational resource and have converted some digital video files into SWF files and have imported them into director. The resource is designed so that, when the user enters a page the video plays automatically, but the user has the option to start again using a 'Play Video Again' button. We cant get this to work!! If we use a Windows media Player file we can control it fine using
      on mouseUp me
      sprite("Part1Vid"). play()
      end Text

Thge problem is the windows videos are far too large so we need to convert them to swf files. Can anyone give us the relevant code to get them to play again. Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: help please
          Level 7
          Usually a Flash .swf video is a movieClip containing a series of frames.
          Each one is a keyframe, but that doesn't matter.

If you place the .swf in a sprite channel and set the member's pause
          property, you can then control the playback like this:

play:
          sprite(X).play()
          stop/pause:
          sprite(X).stop()
          fast forward:
          if sprite(X)._currentframe < sprite(X).member.frameCount then
          sprite(X).gotoFrame(sprite(X)._currentframe + 3)
          end if
          rewind:
          sprite(x).rewind()

If these controls don't work for you, then your .swf may contain a
          movieClip that contains the video clip. In that case you'll need to
          drill into the .swf to tell the contained clip to play, etc.

--
          Rob
          _______
          Rob Dillon
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.ddg-designs.com
          412-243-9119

http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial/
          • 2. Re: help please
            howik
            hi,
            I want to communicate between flash exe and director exe using local
            connection object. Can anybody help me in this, by telling the code for it. I
            tried a lot using it by different ways but I am not succesful in it yet
            Thanx in advance

ANSWER :

you should make an action script to the animation & etc. you made in your FLASH by a name as like as this : (I made a pause Button & named it gPause);

on (release) {
            getURL("event:gPause");
            }

and then in youe director file make a MovieScript including the following code :

on startMovie
            member("name of member you imported from Flash as swf. file ").model("Bip01").bonesplayer.pause()
            end

on gPause
            member("name of member you imported from Flash as swf. file ").model("Bip01").bonesplayer.pause()
            end
            • 3. Re: help please
              howik Level 1
              hi,
              I want to communicate between flash exe and director exe using local
              connection object. Can anybody help me in this, by telling the code for it. I
              tried a lot using it by different ways but I am not succesful in it yet
              Thanx in advance

ANSWER :

you should make an action script to the animation & etc. you made in your FLASH by a name as like as this : (I made a pause Button & named it gPause);

on (release) {
              getURL("event:gPause");
              }

and then in youe director file make a MovieScript including the following code :

on startMovie
              end

on gPause
              end