3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 4:21 AM by Randa Gabriel

Can forms calculate sum values

3cluny

Is it possible to a calculate [sum] payment values for options, but not have any payment processor? We want to create an event form with various options/with prices. But we want to take payment offline - is it possible to have a field that shows the sum of these options, and have this value passed to the submission and into the user confirmation email?

Thanks,

Phil

• 1. Re: Can forms calculate sum values
          Drewy62 Adobe Employee

Formscentral forms do not support field calculations at this time. It is a feature that has been requested and you can vote for it on our request list if you haven't already done so.

Andrew

• 2. Re: Can forms calculate sum values
            3cluny Level 1

Yes, this is quite a large weakness in the current feature set.

• 3. Re: Can forms calculate sum values
              Randa Gabriel

i need this feature too, where can i vote for it ? What i need exactly is the ability to calculate with excel formulas likesay

Daily Power Consumption is SUM=(E1:E25) with E1 to E25 = (B1 x C1 x D1)

B1 is the wattage per home appliance

C1 is the number of appliances used,

and D1 is the number of hours this appliance is used per day

Formula:

(Wattage × number of appliances x Hours Used Per Day) ÷ 1000 = Daily Kilowatt-hour (kWh) consumption

1 kilowatt (kW) = 1,000 Watts

EXAMPLES:

Clothes Iron:
              (1800 Watts × 2 clothes Iron x 2 hours/day)  ÷  1000
              = 7.2 kWh

Personal Computer and Monitor:
              [(120 Watts + 150 Watts) × 2 pc x 8 hours/day ] ÷ 1000
              = 4.32kWh

total would be by adding all applicances: 7.2 kWh + 4.32 kWh ect.... and my visitor online would only sees the final answer like you need 20 kWh on daily basis. 

now Drewy answered on this link http://forums.adobe.com/message/5056250#5056250 that it is possible to make calculations on Adobe XI and host them here with Forms central. what i'm asking you here, is does Adobe XI support what i need, does it have all formulas i just mentioned ? can i get a demo before purchasing ?

Thank You,

Randa Gabriel

I would also appreciate you email me to randa@randagabriel.com your answer/ feedback