4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2006 11:42 AM by Newsgroup_User

back to default settings?

Level 7
      While fiddling with things like matte etc, I must have messed up for my image
      now seems to have a texture added (not visible when I work on it; it shows only
      in preview or after exporting), see
      http://www.xs4all.nl/~hogen/voorbeeld/voorbeeld.htm (the grainy look is not
      intentional).

I cannot retrace to the point where I must have added this effect, so I wonder
      if I can reset all FW 8's settings to default and so get rid of this? Or is
      there a simpler method?

Thanks!

--
      Regards,
      Adriana.
      [ put out the rubbish if you need to reach me by e-mail ]
      www.spinsister.nl

• 1. Re: back to default settings?
          Level 7
          Check your Optimize Panel. I am guessing it says Windows in the Indexed
          Palette.

Try Adaptive instead

alex

A.Translator wrote:
          > While fiddling with things like matte etc, I must have messed up for my
          > image now seems to have a texture added (not visible when I work on it;
          > it shows only in preview or after exporting), see
          > http://www.xs4all.nl/~hogen/voorbeeld/voorbeeld.htm (the grainy look is
          > not intentional).
          >
          > I cannot retrace to the point where I must have added this effect, so I
          > wonder if I can reset all FW 8's settings to default and so get rid of
          > this? Or is there a simpler method?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          • 2. Re: back to default settings?
            Level 7
            > Check your Optimize Panel. I am guessing it says Windows in the Indexed
            > Palette.

> Try Adaptive instead

It said Web 216, but with Adaptive selected things seem fine. Thank you.

--
            Regards,
            Adriana.
            www.spinsister.nl

• 3. Re: back to default settings?
              Level 7
              This is because the number of colours in your document is getting limited to
              the 216 "websafe" colours from so many years ago when video cards could
              commonly only display 256 colours. As the other 40 colours are reserved for
              displaying the graphical elements of your operating system, you get greatly
              limited results for your image export if it's photorealistic.

Derren.

"A.Translator" wrote:

>> Check your Optimize Panel. I am guessing it says Windows in the Indexed
              >> Palette.
              >
              >> Try Adaptive instead
              >
              > It said Web 216, but with Adaptive selected things seem fine. Thank you.

• 4. Re: back to default settings?
                Level 7
                > This is because the number of colours in your document is getting limited to
                > the 216 "websafe" colours from so many years ago when video cards could
                > commonly only display 256 colours. As the other 40 colours are reserved for
                > displaying the graphical elements of your operating system, you get greatly
                > limited results for your image export if it's photorealistic.

Thank you!

--
                Regards,
                Adriana.
                www.spinsister.nl