6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 6:19 AM by MFCdesigns

Custom Metadata Text Field not working

MFCdesigns Level 1

Hi everyone-

I'm trying to create a Metadata layout the will be a template for all of the editors in my company.  I've created a New Schema and added a few custom text fields.  The problem is I can't add anything to the text fields, as they are greyed out and unusable (see far right in image).  Any ideas of why this might be happening?

Thanks,

-Mark

Screen shot 2012-11-07 at 2.41.14 PM.png

• 1. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Works here.  Are you certain the new property added was a Text type?

• 2. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
            MFCdesigns Level 1

Hi Jim-

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I'm sure it's a Text type field.  If I add a new property to an exsting Schema, the text field works fine.  But if I create a new Schema, the text fields are greyed out.  I'm not sure why this is happening.  I would like to create a new Schema for our company with certain text fields, and it would be a lot easier to have our own schema rather then just adding a property to an existing schema.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Mark

• 3. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
              Jim_Simon Level 8

None, sorry.  It works both ways for me.  New schema or existing one.

Is it really so critical to have a new schema, though?  I mean, you can't tell which it is from the bin itself.

• 4. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
                MFCdesigns Level 1

Hey Jim-

I wanted to follow up on this with you.  I ended up creating a "template" project for our filmers to use so we all log our footage the same way.  I ended up using an existing schema and adding new, custom text fields.  I did a few tests on my system and everything seemed to be working fine.  Our filmers are now on a shoot and are beginning to log their footage with our "template".  When they enter data in the custom text fields, they end up getting a crash about every 4-6 clips.  When they reload their project, none of the logged files have saved in the bin.  Any thoughts on why this is happening?  Our filmers are using the new MBP. 

One other note.. when they enter text into the  "description" and other text fields that are not Custom Fields, everything seems to be OK.

Your help / insight would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

• 5. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Unfortunately, my 'help' is not allowed on this subject further.

• 6. Re: Custom Metadata Text Field not working
                    MFCdesigns Level 1

Wow, OK.

I'm curious if anyone else could help out with this problem or have found a work around, etc?  We are currently at a stand still until we can get this figure out.  Any help from ANYONE would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mark