Could someone advise me how to get RoboHTML 7.0 working
again? For three months, it worked fine. Then yesterday, I started
getting this erorr message when I try to open my existing project:
"Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to
load database for"
[path to my RoboHelp project\MyRoboProject.CPD]
I am baffled. My colleague downloaded the same project from
our office network and opened it, so I don't think the CPD can be
corrupted. I am also unable to create new projects or to open the
sample files (Clownfish) that come with RoboHMTL. I tried deleting
the CPD and XPJ files in my project, but then I got this message:
"Unable to create database. Check that the directory is not
Yet I am able to write to that directory, using other
applications. Thus, I know the directory is not read-only.
Finally, I am using the same logon to run RoboHTML that I
used to install it.
RoboHTML is useless to me now for any purpose. Any
Usually problems involving "unable to create database"
messages are specific to a project but clearly not here.
With earlier versions, the next thing to look at would have
been the user having admin rights. I am assured these are not
necessary with RH7, although in this case I would give that a try
just to rule it out.
The project that is at
"C:\Documents and Settings\markjduggerxp\My Documents\My
could be worth moving so that the path is not so long.
However, that would not explain the others unless they are all
buried down there.
I am more inclined towards thinking about your anti virus or
firewall programs being the issue. Maybe your IT people have
changed something. McAfee has caused problems in the past.
I received the same "Open project was cancelled or the
application was unable to load database for" message because I
accidentally opened a RoboHTML 7 file using a previous version.
Opening with RoboHTML 7 solved the issue.