• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone advise me how to get RoboHTML 7.0 working again? For three months, it worked fine. Then yesterday, I started getting this erorr message when I try to open my existing project:
"Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for"
[path to my RoboHelp project\MyRoboProject.CPD]

I am baffled. My colleague downloaded the same project from our office network and opened it, so I don't think the CPD can be corrupted. I am also unable to create new projects or to open the sample files (Clownfish) that come with RoboHMTL. I tried deleting the CPD and XPJ files in my project, but then I got this message:

"Unable to create database. Check that the directory is not read-only."
Yet I am able to write to that directory, using other applications. Thus, I know the directory is not read-only.
Finally, I am using the same logon to run RoboHTML that I used to install it.
RoboHTML is useless to me now for any purpose. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2008 Mar 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Usually problems involving "unable to create database" messages are specific to a project but clearly not here.

With earlier versions, the next thing to look at would have been the user having admin rights. I am assured these are not necessary with RH7, although in this case I would give that a try just to rule it out.

The project that is at

"C:\Documents and Settings\markjduggerxp\My Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\LivescribeDesktopUserManual\LivescribeDesktopUserManual.cpd"

could be worth moving so that the path is not so long. However, that would not explain the others unless they are all buried down there.

I am more inclined towards thinking about your anti virus or firewall programs being the issue. Maybe your IT people have changed something. McAfee has caused problems in the past.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2008 Jun 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I received the same "Open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for" message because I accidentally opened a RoboHTML 7 file using a previous version. Opening with RoboHTML 7 solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp