3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 5:31 PM by Barbara B.

Problems with PSE 10 when saving for the web.

dontyn

I'm having problems saving for web with PSE 10. I edit in RAW, edit in PSE 10, save as Jpeg, resize and save for the web.  Results are muddled and not sharp (looks cartoonish). Also, there is no metadata when you look at the image properties.  I uninstalled the program and installed again. No change.

• 1. Re: Problems with PSE 10 when saving for the web.
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Are you resizing the photo before save for web?

What settings are you using in the save for web dialog for the jpeg quality?

If you compress the jpeg too much (low quality settings below 60), that can make your photos look bad.

And save for the web in pse 10 automatically strips any metadata in order to keep the file sizes smaller.

Also, the save for web in pse 10 has a bad habit of not remembering your last used settings, so it's good to verify that your actually set to jpeg instead of the default GIF setting.

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

• 2. Re: Problems with PSE 10 when saving for the web.
            dontyn Level 1

I resize before saving to web.  The jpeg compression is usually in 80 range up. I didn't know 10 stripped the metadata.  How do you find out about the history of the file? Yea, I noticed that and now I do make sure to change from GIF to jpeg. A friend told me once you set the file to jpeg, hold the Ctrl key or Alt key (forget which one) and press help.  Thanks for responding.    

• 3. Re: Problems with PSE 10 when saving for the web.
              Barbara B. Level 7

All versions of save for web remove the metadata, to make a smaller file. If you want to make a jpeg with the metadata intact, use Save As instead.