3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 8:10 PM by Liam Dilley

What is the process to log enhancement requests?

DaveBockett

I have a few client enhancement requests and not sure the correct procedure to log them.

Should I just create a support case for each?

Regards,

Dave.

• 1. Re: What is the process to log enhancement requests?
          Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Dave,

Enhancements in the actual system or the site? If site that is for you to, and depending on what they are if BC does not support it nativly often there is something you can do as a developer to implement it.

In terms of enhancements first check if they are not already outlined, post them here so we can all let you know if they are actually there or coming or not etc.

Then if you feel they are not covered you can make a support ticket outlining these for the BC team.

• 2. Re: What is the process to log enhancement requests?
            DaveBockett Level 1

Thanks Liam.

The first is the ability to change the author on a blog to anyone rather than having to select a user of the system.  The client has just one admin user who is administering the site, but the blog articles are written by different members of staff. Would be nice to be able to enter free text in the author field as well as select from users of the system in the drop down. I haven't been able to come up with a work around for this yet. The best I have done is create the authors as categories so they can be listed on a right hand side menu so all blogs by a particular person can be viewed, but can't see a code to display on the actual blog post itself.

The second request is around multiple volume discounts in the ecommerce module. I know the team are working on changes for next year and very keen to see a way to have more than 2 volume discounts available. I would really need a fexible number of volume options. Also haven't been able to come up with a work-around for this one either yet, so would love to know if anyone has any suggestions?

Dave.

• 3. Re: What is the process to log enhancement requests?
              Liam Dilley Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That first one BC engineers will say that new web app engine out next year will allow you to build your own blog to do that. I doubt they will change the current functionality.

You can do this now by having your own area where you have info on the blog poster inline of the blog and adding a class styles and even positions that nicely. Done this a few times and actually works well and is easy for the client to do.

They may increase the volume disconts but that is all next year in terms of the eCommerce you noted.