5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2013 8:37 AM by KeithGoldstein

Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit

KeithGoldstein Level 1

I am experiencing a problem with Premiere Pro CS6. There is no issue while I am editing, but when I quit the program, it crashes. The window disappears, but the program stays open in the memory (Alt + Tab still shows the logo). I end up having to force quit the program every time I close it. What could be causing this, and how do I fix it?

• 1. Re: Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I had this problem on one of my systems.  The 6.0.3 update seemed to resolve it for me.

• 2. Re: Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit
            KeithGoldstein Level 1

I'm on a Mac, 6.0.2 is the latest.  6.0.3 not yet ready for Mac?  Hope this is addressed.  Any other Mac users experiencing this?

• 3. Re: Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit
              KeithGoldstein Level 1

Also just had this error:

"Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down.  We will attempt to save your current project."

This happened while trying to add a default audio transition, by right-clicking "add default transition"

• 4. Re: Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit
                watch-this Level 1

Hi Keith,

I have the same issue. I've been on the phone with the Adobe support for hours, but no solution. My MacBook Retina is very recent and I did a clean install when I bought it a few months ago. Soon I ran into this anoying thing. It always saves projects OK, but I always have to force quit de application... Anybody any clue?

• 5. Re: Pr CS6 - Program crashes on quit
                  KeithGoldstein Level 1

I found a way to temporarily stop having to force quit.  We discovered that Matrox was causing a conflict.  It seems to be one of the four Matrox plugins that is causing this.  By removing these four files from the "MediaCore" folder, and placing them in a new "removed" folder (to keep them around), this stops the problem.  We contacted Matrox, and they are aware of the problem, and hope to address it in a new release.

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore/com.matrox.vpg.MXO2AfterEffects.plugin

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore/MatroxDeviceControl.bundle

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore/MatroxPlayer.bundle

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore/MatroxRecorder.bundle

As far as the "Serious Error" problem, it seems to have vastly reduced this error by using Mercury Software Only instead of Mercury GPU Cuda, found in the Project Settings.  I noticed many other users have noticed the same, with all different kinds of setups.  Some have been fixed by NVidia Cuda driver updates, but we have the latest, and still have an issue.  I'm using a MacBook Pro, 8 gigs ram w/ built in NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB.