3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 6:20 AM by dan_f

Comp settings/Output/Render settings

dan_f

Oh man - I've spent a day and a half just re-rendering the same project over and over as I make changes all over the place trying to get this problem fixed.

I posted the problem yesterday, maybe i just didn't give enough information. First, understand I've been using AE on this machine for quite some time, and it's a fast i7 PC w/24MB mem. 

All of a sudden I have this output problem.  The output MP4 video just looks like it's underwater!  Horrible.

I'm so frustrated with it that I'm ready to uninstall AE and re-install it!  ( Even though I really don't think that will fix anything!) I've just run out of things to look at...

Even completed projects are broke now:

I always work in HDTV1080 29.97, and never had this problem before, but when I load up some of my older videos (that worked/rendered great in the past) they have the same problem now: render is crap!

Preview Window looks great:

While in AE editor/preview, even full screen on my 30" monitor everything looks great - crisp - sharp - fantastic! 

No footage imported, just psp file, 1920x1080:

Everything is imported psp files, no other footage, then the psp layers are animated, and mp3 audio track added.

Could a recent Adobe update have messed with me somehow?

A simple test:

As a quick test I start a new project, bring in a couple simple psp layers (1920x1080), use the settings pasted below, and render is crap!  blurry, artifacts everywhere, pixelated!

Maybe i changed something somewhere and not aware of it?

here goes: 

(these settings are so basic and simple, I'm almost ashamed to post them (meaning it has to be deeper somewhere).

AE CS6 , Version 11.0.2.12

comp-set.jpg

render-set.jpg

output-set.jpg

h264.jpg

h264-a.jpg

it's just setup for your basic HD 1080 video...

I am totally lost.....any ideas? tips? suggestions? A friend recommended suicide! LOL!