4 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2014 3:51 PM by berndporr

Toggling for Full Screen playback

DRoland Level 1

I am having no success toggling to full screen playback in Premier Pro CS6 using ctrl+` or anything else. The onmly way I can get to full screen during playback is by going to Edit/Prefernces/Playback and ticking one of the 2 monitors (or both) that I have connected. The only way of going back to small screen playback is by going into the same menu and deselecting.

Look forward to hearing from anyone,

Dan

• 1. Re: Toggling for Full Screen playback
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

This isn't the answer you are looking for, but maybe I can help a little.

If you look in the keyboard shortcuts and search for "playback" the one under "edit" will at least allow you to call up the window faster than using menus. I assigned Ctrl-Shift-P because I don't care about setting poster frames and I can remember the "P" for "playback".

I don't see any way to select or deselect the monitor via the keyboard. At least not from within Premiere Pro. If you were a moderately talented programmer, there are ways to control Premiere Pro from outside of the program itself. I used to write programs to control other programs but I haven't done so since about 1994.

Perhaps submitting a feature request would be appropriate. https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 2. Re: Toggling for Full Screen playback
            Jim_Simon Level 8

The Program Monitor has to be 'selected' (yellow outline) when you hit the CTRL+` combo.  This will maximize the playback on your primary GUI display.

• 3. Re: Toggling for Full Screen playback
              DRoland Level 1

Thanks Steven and Jim, I appreciate both your answers. What I've I've since discovered is if I keep the Premier Pro Reference Monitor up on my left hand monitor that I'm not editing on, whenever I want to go full screen on that monitor all I have to do, as Jim says, is highlight it then press F2 (which I programmed for full screen) and bob's your uncle. Not quite as seemless as Media Composer's toggle button, but a work-around!

Many thanks guys for your time,

Dan

• 4. Re: Toggling for Full Screen playback
                berndporr Level 1

On my plain vanilla install (Window) it's Ctrl+' which works perfectly. I had the same issue going into the playback menu and select a monitor which was quite tedious.

/Bernd